Monday 8 May 2017

Skull shaman separated colour

This, in my opinion is the most refined print I have ever made. It has a high level of professionalism  that is really because I have been experimenting with new ways I can improve and expand my own practice. also because I have had the idea of transferring onto a product since the start if this brief, I have been trying to make my work as applicable as possible which makes it more suited to real life contexts which I am now starting to realise that that is what this entire module is about. These prints have also been made using UV paints so like the wolf shaman, they are essentially two images because they have one aesthetic during the day and then at night in black light, they become something entirely new and this gives them a whole new level of diversity.





These colour blended separations work very effectively with this specific print. I think of all the shamans I have done so far, this is my favourite. It has the best shape to it and I think the skull really stands out from the rest of my shaman prints. I am most happy with the range of outcomes I have achieved with this print aswel.
This is also my first print onto wood. it has created a very nice image that work well with the grain. It gives it a more natural aesthetic that immediately put it into a better context of the shaman.


I really like the colour blends within the face paint and as a unique aesthetic but I also think that this simple aqua colour works just or even possibly more effective. I think it is more subtle and looks like a cleaner more refined image. the light blue works very well with the white and grey making at a very well balance print. This is also one of my favourite outcomes and I may use this as one as my finals that will be transferred onto products.

No comments:

Post a Comment