Monday 8 May 2017

Product - Skateboards

At the start of this module, my intentions was to have this quite heavily based around the production of skateboard designing. But as this project has developed and progressed, I have thought less and less about the application of my prints onto skateboards. This is because I have done many skateboards in the past and didn't want to have to rely on them to fuel this project, so I decided to think about it with clothing and merchandise aswel. Also I haven't focused on skateboards because the the designs I have made are not that much suited to fit the shape of a deck. There isn't many ways to fit my designs onto these skateboards. So my main products for this is not decks, but clothing, prints bags and phone cases. I have however made a few mock up ideas of how some skateboards could look.


With my products, I am trying to get a more natural aesthetic so I will be using many different wood background textures. This will enhance the quality of the overall design instead of having a coloured background. The natural aesthetic is more suitable for the human context.




Ive used full colour blended shamans because I wanted these deck designs to be very vibrant. The vibrancy is what gives the prints there strength so a skateboard also needed to have this vibrancy for the same effect.

Although I don't think these designs work to great with the skateboards, I think I have gained some new ideas about how I could start to make more digital designs for skateboards. Playing around on photoshop has allowed me to figure out some new ways I can start to think about approaching deck designs which could potentially be a big part of my practice.




No comments:

Post a Comment