Monday 8 May 2017

New inspiration - UV

I was scrolling down instagram and I saw these neon/ultraviolet images and prints that really caught my eye. The colours look so vibrant and it really makes the entire image pop once under a black light. So after seeing this I immediately had the idea of creating y own UV shaman print. I have done may neon and bright colours in my print so this is just taking that element of my print one step further. I have ordered some UV paint that I will be using to create my net shaman prints.


Making my screen prints with uv paint will really give them a new level of professionalism I think and it will also make them a more diverse image because it has one aesthetic during the day and then at night it can be turned into a much more vibrant and colourful image. Just like a shaman entering the spirit world at night.

Im really excited to make these new uv prints, I've been wanting to make a uv painting for a while now but I've never had the thought of screen printing in this media. This could really enhance the overall aesthetics of my shaman designs making them applicable to a wider and of products.

No comments:

Post a Comment