Monday 8 May 2017

Products - Tote bags

Tote bags are a very good way to make many items for cheap that can be sold to many different people. Tote bags can also be screen printed so I will be thinking about doing this in my own time and during next projects. Making layers of colour bending will be similar to paper, I just need more time to experiment with this.



I am very pleased with how these have actually turned out. When I take my prints and put them into  a new context, it really shows me how I can apply my own practice and skills as an image maker. Once in think kind of context, it really makes the product sellable which is what I am trying to achieve, I am trying to create a professional outcome so that it could be sold in a variety of shops.


I do like the full colour blends in context and on these tote bags, but I also still like the simple one colour print. It seems to have more clarity and is a much sharper image that works well with the aesthetic of the tote bag. 

I was originally not going to be using this print in my final product outcomes, as I did not think it would work so well with the set, but after seeing it on one of these bags, I have decided to use it. I think it is a more simple design to my other prints and this bear shamans has a nice shape that is very easy to apply to products and the reduced colour pallet makes it more subtle which is sometimes more appropriate. I am glad I have decided to stick with using this design because it is the most different to my other final outcomes and it is much better to have a more diverse range of products if you want to be able to sell as many as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment