Friday 5 May 2017

Potential products

As this module is applied illustration, I need to think of a range of possible products that my set of shaman illustrations can be applied to. My aim to to get a range of possible products that could be branded and sold in skate/urban clothing stores. So this could be t-shirts, hoodies, skateboards, tote bags, phone cases, stickers, posters/prints and possibly lanterns. this will be a good opportunity to be able to see how my artwork can look in a commercial environment.






I think clothing could be a big part of this as I have printed t-shirts  in the past and I would really like to make more, especially related to the shamans. I would also like to play around with different coloured pieces of clothing that my illustrations will work on to get a wider range of possible products. 



Skateboards is a big part of my personal practice at the moment and is one of my favourite canvases to work on so I will definitely be playing around with how I can transfer my shaman illustrations onto a deck. In the past, Every skateboard design I have done has been actually painted onto a skateboard so it will be nice to be able to use photoshop and templates to mock up a range of skateboard designs linking to my context.

Kirby Rosanes artwork has inspired me for a while now, like this I will be using some wood textures in the deck to have a more natural aesthetic that can work with the shamans.



Phone case are another good way for a designer to get a there artwork onto a sellable product so I will be doing some different shamanic phone case designs. I actually want to start doing more of this in my own practice so this will be a good way for me to get a better idea on how to transfer the images.
Stickers or badges is another potential product that I am aiming to make as these are always found in skate stores. These things are usually free with certain purchases but its still a good way to spread the product effectively. I would like my sticker designs to fit into the context of the macbook in the picture.
Tote bags are another good way to get a printed image onto a sellable object. I will definitely make some tote bag mock up designs with my shaman illustrations, I am thinking of having my final images that are screen printed so this could work well with tote bags.

These lanterns are similar to tote bags, they can easily be printed and then made into lanterns which is  a widely sold product.


As my idea for this project is to make screen prints that are transferable onto products, I am also aiming for some of my best final screen printed designs to be used onto a range of products, but also potentially sold as a framed print, so I am getting the most out of my designs in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment