Monday 8 May 2017

Products - Clothing

I think this could potentially be a very big part of my practice, The production of t-shirt and clothing printing. From the start of this module I have always had the idea that I would be converting my screen prints onto a a range of items of clothing. This was my primary product and is the best way for me to demonstrate how my work could look in a real life context. I have made mock ups of a range of my prints varying from full colour blends to simple two colour prints. I am trying to get a good range of possible products that could be explored in the future. In doing this I have certainly gained some new perspectives of how I can translate my work onto a list of products. The use of photoshop has really allowed me to put my ideas to life without actually having to make the clothing or products. This is a great way for me to see how it would look as a possible printed piece of clothing.



I have tried a few different prints onto white t-shits as the white thirst is a very common piece of clothing and could appeal to many people. My favourite white t-shirt mock up is this two colour skull shaman. I think the sublet hint of the aqua colour is all that is needed to make this an effective t-shirt design as well as the detail in the drawing. Its very nice go see how a pencil drawing can be completely converted into something like this. It has really shown me the potential of the whole process I have taken in order for this to happen.





Trying to keep up with the contemporary urban trends so I have made these pink hoodie and sweater shaman designs. I actually think the design above of the pink on pink is actually really effective. The pastel background works well with the vibrant neon blend Next year when I have the opportunity to be printing more clothing, I will definitely be printing onto a range of pastels such as pink, purple, turquoise and teal. This will be keeping up with fashion trends in order to appeal to a wider range of people. These mocks ups are really helping me to fiche out the direction of my own printing practice.
The pink colour blend also works well on the grey.

This is one of my favourite clothing mock us and is probably the most convincing. The grey, white, black and blue work as a very well balanced colour pallet and the design seems to fit really well with the shape of the jumper. I have never printing my own jumpers before but after seeing this I will be pursuing it in the future. These products are allowing my practice to become much more diverse and applicable and this is perfect for an illustrator because these are all very effective ways for me to have a voice and to communicate my ideas through product and merchandise in a professional setting.


No comments:

Post a Comment