Monday 16 January 2017

Studio brief 3 - Storyboards

Just like roughing for a final illustration, an animations first step is the storyboards. As I am completely new to animating an image my storyboards will to help me imagine the animation broken down into frames. This will help me to visualise the things that could possibly take place within the scene and help me to figure out how to approach the movement in a simple way.
From the introduction to animation I have learnt that I need to take a few vital things into consideration when storyboarding for my animated sting. 
  • Movement
  • pace
  • tone
  • angle
  • composition 

These are aspects of the animation that need to be considered while storyboarding to get a good sense of how my sting will be composed.

This idea of a 30 second sting is an astronaut floating in empty space until the entire scene fades into space. Ive had this idea to try and communicate carl sagans research into the infinite cosmos.
This idea of a short 10 second sting has been taken from my editorial brief, I am thinking about how I could make one of my designs move. In this one the moon shaped balloon will carry a person from the bottom to the top of the frame going completely out of sight. This way of imagining an animation frame by frame is helping me to understand how the objects in my animation will relate to the scene.

This idea is an astronaut hand hand reaching out and touching the finger of an alien hand. Something like this is a really simple idea that has little movement and pace but can still be just as effective at communicating and idea. Because of my limitations I have on this brief I am going to keep my sting as simple as possible using shapes I already have to try and effectively communicate concepts of space and the universe.
This idea for a sting would be the simple shaped astronaut print I have carved from lino coming in and out of the frame with the space and planets slowly moving in the background. Using the shapes I have already designed will help me to compose my animation.


I want to continue with the aesthetics of my screenprints into the animation somehow. The astronauts I have created could potentially work well within a short sting. The glitch could be further explored and brought to life. I could have my astronaut floating in and out of the frame and exaggerating on the glitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment