Monday 16 January 2017

Studio brief 3 - Scanned images

Using my existing images of my printed astronauts will be an easier way for me to compose the 30 second sting. The astronaut I have selected will just be transformed into a simple motion across the frame. Using tools I have picked up in the workshop and through trial and error I should be able to move this astronaut across the frame how I have imagined it through storyboards.


I chose this astronaut for my final sting because this one has the most convincing form of floating in space which is exactly the impression I am trying to communicate for the first half of my animation.
I want it to seem like the astronaut is out of space and time until he zooms into the frame opening up into a new universe.

This is the background texture of the cosmos I am going to use in my animation. I have created this using purple pink and blue paint onto a black surface and the splatted white dots over the top using a toothbrush to get the star effect. this will be slowly moving during my animation to give a sense of movement and life with the stars and space. The background has also been slightly edited on Photoshop to enhance the colour and vibrance of the textures.

These are the drawn versions of the planets that will be included into my animation. I have hand drawn these planets because I am going for a hand created quality throughout my animation, my printed astronaut comes from a hand drawn image, the space background is hand painted so these planets needed to be hand drawn to keep a consistent aesthetic running throughout my sting.


These have also been slightly adjusted on Photoshop to darken the pencil lines and to take away the unwanted white areas. I have found that using simple tools and trick and Photoshop can really enhance the overall quality of an image.



No comments:

Post a Comment