Wednesday 11 January 2017

Studio brief 2 (Print) Screen print test 2 glitch effect



Since I had come up with the idea of a glitch effect in my first initial sketches using a pink and blue offset I have wanted to test it out through screen printing. I have come up with the astronaut in this position so I will enlarge and refine this drawing so it can then be turned into a screen positive.

From the screenprinting workshop when I tested if the line quality would be picked up I knew it was time to carry on that trail and see if I could further explore the use of hand made line quality through screenprinting.
Screen positive created by scanning a drawing and then adjusting brightens levels and contrast on photoshop. These simple steps that turn my drawing into a solid black image make it possible to turn pencil drawings into screenprints.


I have created this image by printing the astronaut in complete pink, waiting for that to dry and then printing the exact same image over it but in blue with a range of offsets.
I was playing around with how much I could offset the colours in order to get the best glitch effect. I have found that having the offset too doesn't give a strong enough effect and having the offset too far apart makes the image become too uneasy on the eyes so through trial and error I found just the right amount of offset to create the best possible glitch effect. All of this came from a tiny little thumbnail idea I had in my sketchbook, it just shows me the importance of roughing ideas.
Of all the test glitch designs that I had played around with I think this outcome was the strongest with just the right amount of offset. Im really pleased with how it has turned out the pink and blue work really well to give the 3d effect. Im defiantly going to further develop this process of image making but I will redesign the astronaut and possibly bring in some other features that compliments the glitchy effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment