Tuesday 10 January 2017

Studio brief 2 (Print) Lino designing

Now that I have done some lino printing tests I thought that the next step for me was to come back to the sketchbook and start re-designing and refining the simple block shaped astronaut. I really liked the simple idea and I would possibly like to further explore new shapes and colour tests.

I have also thought about how I could include some different space related lino prints that would work with the simple block shape astronauts. As this is not usually the way I would think about creating an image I have found it slightly difficult to sketch out ideas for this. My aim is to keep it very simplified and shape based which can work perfectly with lino cutting.


I have tried recreating a similar design to the simple shape astronaut. But my aim for this one is to be in reverse of the previous print, so the astronaut will be in full colour rather than being cut out of a square shape. These sketches have helped to to figure out some nice poses that the astronaut could be placed, I want to give the impression that the astronaut is floating in space. I have enjoyed trying to create an image in this simple yet structured form, it has pushed me to think and draw in a completely new way that could be useful in the future.


Ive been trying to play around with what shapes I can make out of the astronaut design by changing angles and position of body parts, some come out better than others but im thinking of the possibility of these guys working as a set of five prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment