Wednesday 20 April 2016

Postcard brief - roughs

 As usual, The fist thing I start to do once I have an idea to work with is to begin roughing and sketching down some ideas. Considering that I will be creating these postcards using only vectors, my aim is to focus more on the shape and composition rather than detail.


These are just some quick roughs I have drawn in order to help visualise a composition for my vectors. The aim is to communicate the city and its monster through a minimal way and my way of working usually requires more detail and depth so it is especially challenging for me to bring together an image with the thought that is is going to be made using only shapes.


Roughing and sketching does really help me to bring together an image of how I want my work to look. Knowing that these designs will be scanned in and turned into vector shapes is really putting a cap on the things that I am going to be able to do. But this can also be seen as a good thing because it will help me simplify and image so that it is communicating something with the littlest amount of information.

Some roughs may include colour to help picture a final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment