Thursday 21 April 2016

Persons of note - My psychedelic experience

Over the Easter break I thought that it was a good time to relax and open my mind to further possibilities. So me and two of my closet friends decided to experiment with some psychedelic truffles. I have experimented with psychedelics in the past that have created some of the most profound experiences of my entire existence and have played a huge part in shaping the person I am today, changing my belief system and outlook on life and reality. But I had never taken truffles before so I was quite excited for it. We all made sure that we were doing it in a safe environment where there would be no possible danger. I also meditated for a while before taking the truffles to clear my mind and let go of unwanted negative thoughts and energy. I was well prepared and ready for the trip. I even had my favourite crystals with me to help me out. After eating 10 grams of what people consider to be very strong truffles that taste awful, almost like copper or something metallic, we sat in the garden waiting. 1-2 hours had passed and the trip is starting to happen. I had a great sense of euphoria and being sat outside in the garden and seeing birds and trees and flowers was and indescribable feeling. Time becomes completely irrelevant and the world seems more vibrant and colourful, there is also a great sense of synchronisation within everything. Listening to music  (especially someone playing the guitar in front of you) is amazing, at one point it was like I could separate each frequency that was given off by the guitar and hear the sounds from a whole new level. I would close my eyes and see continuous geometric patters in a complete unchanging motion. I personally think it is more intense when you close your eyes and let your imagination run free with no distractions. This is where the visuals are at its peak. constant perfect patterns and symbols. Its like my eyes are closed but I've never seen more clear. There was a huge sense of clarity within my thoughts and it made me think of the things that are truly important in life, its actually a very personal experience. Having conversations with my friends was incredibly engaging, we would sit there and question the meaning of life, alternate dimensions and realities, alien life and spirituality. They are truly the best conversations I've had. These experiences will never be forgotten. towards the end of the trip and its about 8-10 hours after ingestion of the substance, things do start to get little weird and confusing but after some sleep or in some cases a few nights sleep, everything comes back to normal. But that is one of the most difficult things, after being pulled so far from reality and experiencing a feeling or countless feeling where time becomes irrelevant, it can take a while to get back into sync with the world we live in. This description of my experience does explain even 1% of what I was thinking and feeling, to fully understand one must experience it for yourself. But I do also agree that psychedelic drugs are not for everyone and should not be treated as something to 'get you hi', they are much more than that. But like Timothy Leary would have said. In the right environment and with the right attitude, psychedelic drugs can be completely life changing and beneficial for the user. And I completely agree.


This is a photograph of the psychedelic truffles that me and my friends experimented with.
They were ordered online from Amsterdam and the brand is called Hollandia which are that strong they recommend half doses. For more info on these.
http://www.trufflemagic.com/product/psilocybe-hollandia/


No comments:

Post a Comment