Monday 14 March 2016

Outfit/colour pallet task

For this task we were to take a photograph of ourselves wearing a selected colour pallet of clothing whilst considering composition. For this task I went out to a run down area of Leeds that had graffiti and tones that would compliment my specific colour pallet. I also just wanted to have the photograph taken in an urban environment.
This is the original photograph without the colour picker tones selected.
For this task I decided to chose an earthy tone colour pallet. I don't usually wear too many bright colours and I like my clothing to be subtle. I think these orange green tones work well together especially against the brick wall. I also decided to add an accent colour with the red bandana to spice up the outfit and provide a higher contrast between the deep and earthy colours.
Using the colour picker tool on Photoshop I have selected all the colours I chose to wear in the photograph and have been filled into the strips next to the image. This gives me a good view of the colour I have chosen and how they work as a set. I think I have chosen a nice colour set that has made an effective photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment