Thursday 17 May 2018

Portraits


I was asked by a few friends to do a portrait of them in my colourful/psychedelic style. This is a very straight forward brief and I am just refining this style of using paint pens. This has been quite beneficial because it has given me a few different ideas about how I can further develop this into something potentially more prosperous.
I have had a few ideas of doing famous people or different fictional characters in this psychedelic zombie style and this could help me to get my work more recognised, especially on social media. My style is beginning to become much more consistent which I think is proving to be a good way for my practice to become more professional.







My friend who is a DJ wanted his face with headphones to use as his logo and also as a design to be printed onto tshirts. I do however think that this design doesnt work very effectively. I wasn't considering the colours as effectively on this and have used too many. These trippy portraits work better with limited colour with a mix or dark and light tones. In this I have done too many light tones that doent create a balance. This is a good discovery though because in my next portrait I will keep it much more reduced and balanced.



I am much happier with this portrait design. Keeping a limited and more considered palette using both dark and light tones of complimentary colours proves to be much more effective. I will be doing much more of these trippy zombie portraits and I will keep in mind what I have discovered and I will be able to make much more effective images. 


No comments:

Post a Comment