Thursday 21 January 2016

Further research and image references

Now my project has taken a turning point, especially with the media, I thought that now is a good time to go and get some more research/reference imagery. My plan was to go out and get some photographs of some gritty locations that would have lots of graffiti. My friend who knows the city better than I do took me to this location that is perfect for helping me set the scene of my narrative.
 This was a narrow river that is completely covered with graffiti tags along the walls. Its just what I need to bring a more urban atmosphere.
This was a tag that I thought looked nice with the orange brick at the top and the stone wall at the bottom. I think Graffiti looks best when done on a brick wall so I will include graff and tags on the walls within my book.

The place we went to was abandoned so it did help me to visualise some of the scenes for my narrative. I might even use some of these photos to work from for the backgrounds of my book.
On the way back from the trip we made to the abandoned area that was covered with graffiti, I saw some workers painting back over some street art. It made me laugh and I had to get a photograph.
I also walked past a church on the way back and I liked the victorian/gothic look it has. I may add a church in my narrative as churches can sometimes be portrayed in a dark way which can work well with my story.







No comments:

Post a Comment