Tuesday 6 October 2015

Observational City Drawing


We took afield trip to the university and the park to draw objects and people from observation.

Scanning the area i choose to draw people and the human form as i feel this was the best way to capture the motion and movement of that particular moment. I really enjoyed this exercise because i never usually draw in this way and I feel I have learned a great deal about drawing the human shape and form. I struggled to use a range of media within my sketches and chose to only use pen and pencil, but now I know I must be willing to explore different media and materials in order to get a more diverse way of mark making. To conclude I will continue to study and draw the human form from observational drawing as it is a great way to develop my skills.
This is a line drawing of a person sat on a park bench. this drawing had to be done as quickly as possible to capture the form. when doing observational drawing i found it is always best to keep your eyes on the object rather than the drawing.

Line drawing of a classmate doing some observational sketches.


This was my favourite drawing of the day, I was walking down a busy street in the city centre and I noticed that there were many people in my sight, so i seized the opportunity and was drawing these people whilst walking behind them. I feel like i captured the moment in this drawing more so than any of the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment