Wednesday 24 February 2016

I see faces - Storyboarding

After Ive have designed a range of characters the idea is to then develop a specific character, object or action into a storyboard through the process of roughs. Roughs and storyboarding is a very important part of this task. The roughs help me vaguely visualise the character and the storyboards help me imagine the character in an animated gif.
'

Here are some rough story boards I have sketched out so I can imagine the gif as a frame by frame animation. I really like the zombie idea and the process of decay on a human face. Zombies has aways been one of my favourite things to draw and I've always wanted to include a zombie in some form of animation so now is my chance to do so. I also like the idea of making the meditating character out of cut card as my 3D gif. The previous projects has influenced me to create more pieces of illustration with cut out shapes and textures.

I like the idea of having my digital gif as a person made from simple shapes walking to work in the morning looking very sad and tired. The gif will be on a constant loop so its asif he is getting nowhere and constantly repeating this pattern. I do like the apple idea but for the sake of a gif i think the meditating character will work better as it is more figurative and relatable instead of being just an object.

No comments:

Post a Comment