Tuesday 1 December 2015

Shape portraits

For this task we are to design and create a series of three portraits made only of shape using no line and with the opportunity to explore any media. I like the idea of hand crafting shapes out of cut paper, but this could also be a good time for me to explore some digital process. 


To start this task I have been trying to create a simple face out of minimal shapes and no intricate detail. Creating illustrations is proving to be quite difficult for me as my drawing style is very line driven.

 More faces and portraits made from shape.

 Seeing as we have to produce three portraits I may choose to do one in the style of these fruit heads, I want to make people laugh when they look at this shape portrait.

 I could possibly include a high detail portrait of shapes like the one in the image above, but I like the idea of keeping them more simple and minimal.

I want to include a character in this shape project, a character who has some sort of an accessory.

Final shape portraits



 These images have all been hand crafted using a range of coloured card and paper. At first I thought I would really struggle with creating these final outcomes but it actually went quite well and I'm happy with what I have made. I like this use of media and will use more of it in the future. I do wish I created a portrait using digital media but I prefer to produce my work by hand and will visit digital media in the next tasks.











No comments:

Post a Comment